‘Getting the best and Helping the most’
Make everyone a better human being, who can dream again, go out in the world and do great things and pretty soon will impact millions of lives!
I was introduced to doTERRA by my good friend Dannella Burnett, following one of her event on ‘Side Hustles’.
At first I just thought this would bring me an additional income and would align very well with Feng Shui and alluring the senses to connect on an emotional level.
Very quickly I realised that doTERRA was more than just Essential Oils, it was really a community of people passionate about making a different to others in the world, absolutely love those words from David Stirling, Founder and CEO: ‘We are really focussed on two things, getting the best and making the most!’
I felt so compelled with this message, I got chilled in my back, as my mission is to help people feel good in their environment so they can feel good themselves and can live their best live!
How do you want to feel today?
Our emotional health can directly influence how the rest of our body feels and functions. When we are in emotional distress, it lowers our overall quality of life and how we feel day-to-day. Emotional health affects how we make decisions, how we interact with others, and how we respond to events that happen in life. Things like stress, anxious feelings, changes in the weather, and a host of troubling (yet common) emotions can negatively influence our mood. Some studies have even shown a negative correlation between the use of smartphones and mental health. No matter what is distressing us, it is important to find tools and coping methods to help counteract negative emotions—otherwise it can seriously impact our quality of life.
Among many resources, we can use essential oils for emotional health by creating a sense of calmness and well being, or producing an uplifting environment. Every essential oil has its own unique chemical profile, but most oils can be categorized as having either uplifting or calming properties.
Lavender oil is known as one of the most calming essential oils because it has significant calming and relaxing properties when used aromatically, topically, and internally.* The calming nature of Lavender essential oil makes it useful for easing feelings of tension and can help to promote soothing, positive feelings.* Lavender oil is a popular choice for promoting an atmosphere that is conducive to a good night of sleep, as the light, floral aroma of the oil is useful for creating a calm environment. When you want to take advantage of the calming properties of Lavender oil, consider the following uses:
- Take Lavender internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
- Diffuse Lavender in the bedroom to relax before bed and prepare for a restful night of sleep.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to a warm bath after a long, stressful day to help ease tense feelings.
An incredibly unique essential oil, Bergamot is known to have both calming and uplifting properties. When stress levels or tensions are high, Bergamot oil provides a wonderful way to promote a calming atmosphere, while simultaneously encouraging uplifting feelings. With its light, citrusy aroma, Bergamot oil is an extremely useful calming essential oil, especially when it comes to dispelling feelings of stress and uplifting mood. If you are ready to learn about the powerful calming properties of Bergamot oil firsthand, try a few of these application methods:
- Diffuse Bergamot at your desk or in your home office to help with high levels of stress or tension.
- Promote a sense of calm and harmony by applying Bergamot to the feet before bedtime.
- Combine Bergamot with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a relaxing topical massage at home.
Not only is Roman Chamomile oil known to have calming effects on the skin, mind, and body, but it has a sweet, floral aroma as well.* You may be familiar with the use of Chamomile for teas, however, the uses for Roman Chamomile oil reach far beyond beverages. In ancient times, the Romans used chamomile oil to promote calming feelings of courage before going off to war. Thankfully, these same calming properties can still be useful today. Check out a few simple ways that you might enjoy using Roman Chamomile oil during your daily routine:
- Add one or two drops of Roman Chamomile oil your herbal tea to help soothe the body and mind.*
- Apply Roman Chamomile to the chest over the heart for feelings of well-being.
- When you find yourself in a bad mood, diffuse Roman Chamomile oil to help soothe feelings of anger and irritability.
Derived from yellow, star-shaped flowers found on the tropical Ylang Ylang tree, Ylang Ylang oil has several impressive qualities—including its ability to uplift the mood while also having a calming effect. The sweet and spicy floral aroma of Ylang Ylang oil has been known to lessen feelings of stress and tension, while simultaneously promoting a positive outlook. Ylang Ylang is a unique, must-have oil with a wide variety of uses, just a few of them listed below:
- Combine a few drops of Ylang Ylang oil with Epsom salts and place in a warm bath to promote relaxation.
- Apply Ylang Ylang to the back of the neck for a calming, uplifting effect.
- Rub Ylang Ylang oil on the wrists for a natural perfume that will give off a soothing and calming aroma throughout the day.
The fresh, floral aroma of Petitgrain oil is not only inviting and comforting, but the oil also provides calming and relaxing benefits that can help to ease feelings of stress. In addition to calming feelings of stress and tension, Petitgrain oil can also be useful at bedtime when you want to create a serene environment for restful sleep. If you haven’t ever tried Petitgrain oil, consider a few of the simple uses below to get you started:
- Take Petitgrain internally to help ease feelings of tension and help calm the nervous system.*
- When you are in the middle of a stressful day, diffuse Petitgrain oil to promote feelings of calmness.
- Spritz a few drops of Petitgrain oil and other calming essential oils like Lavender or Bergamot over your pillows and bedding before sleep to promote feelings of relaxation.
Vetiver oil is known for its grounding, calming effect on the emotions, and for its calming nature. The rich, exotic aroma of Vetiver is quite unique, however, it has the ability to promote grounded, calm feelings after a busy or frazzled day. Whether you are trying to create a calm atmosphere at home for your family, or need to feel grounded again after an emotional day, Vetiver can be very useful for promoting the type of calm feelings you desire. Here are a few ideas for using Vetiver on a daily basis:
- After a difficult day, massage Vetiver oil into the neck and feet to promote feelings of calm.
- Diffuse with other calming essential oils to help calm emotions and lessen stress.
- When you need to calm your emotions, place a drop of Vetiver in the hands, rub the palms together, and inhale the aroma.
If you want to create your own custom calming essential oil diffuser blend, consider combining any of the calming oils listed above into your diffuser. Essential oils like Coriander, Basil, Cilantro, and Spikenard also have calming properties when used aromatically, and can be added to your diffuser blend for promoting calmness or relaxation.
If you are looking for calming essential oil blends, try some of doTERRA’s proprietary oil blends that use calming essential oils. Oil blends like ClaryCalm®, doTERRA Balance®, doTERRA Peace®, and doTERRA Serenity® use a combination of calming essential oils to help create a relaxing, calm environment.
Tangerine: The oil of joy & creativity
The bright, citrusy scent of tangerine can lift the darkest of moods and bring qualities of playfulness and cheer to our creative work.
Creativity can be dampened by an overwhelming sense of duty or rigid standards, and tangerine helps us break through and get to work with a new, more child-like sense of purpose. Tap into an abundant pool of creative energy that is already within you, just waiting to be released. Let the joy flow!
- To boost creative energy and uplift your mood, place one to two drops in the palm of your hand, rub them together and cup them over the nose and mouth for 30 seconds.
- Apply to wrists or abdomen to promote feelings of happiness.
The soft, spicy scent of frankincense is a tonic for our nervous system, calming and soothing the whole body and mind. This is a gentle, nurturing oil that helps us feel cared for and guided to be our clearest, best creative self.
Whenever I am feeling harried or overwhelmed, it is frankincense that I reach for, applying a drop on my wrists, rubbing them together and taking a few deep, calming breaths. When we are calm, our creative selves are freer to emerge and play.
- Apply this essential oil to the bottoms of the feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance your mood.
- Diffuse frankincense during your creative practice to focus your intention and to evoke feelings of peace and satisfaction.
Clary sage: The oil of clarity and vision
This lovely oil can help change our perceptions, dispelling our limiting beliefs about our work and opening our hearts and minds to new possibilities. It can inspire us to rely more on our intuition and expand our horizons.
Clary Sage is one of the most relaxing, soothing and balancing essential oils, creating a restful environment while reducing feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Diffuse this essential oil while you work to synergistically soothe and calm the nervous system, allowing for more clarity in your creative practice.
- Apply one to two drops of clary sage oil to the bottoms of the feet or to the pulse points before you begin your work.
Jasmine: the oil of optimism and confidence
The most sensual and feminine of the oils, jasmine brings a gentle sense of euphoria to the mind, body and spirit. When we feel elated, we feel more confident and ready to tackle even our biggest projects.
I diffuse Jasmine in my studio when I know I’ve got a tough job ahead. If I really need a boost, I will enhance this oil’s amazing effects by sipping some hot jasmine tea.
- Diffuse this oil to evoke feelings of joy, peace and self-confidence.
- Rub a drop onto your third eye (the space between the eyebrows) for a spacious feeling of optimism. It’s wonderful for the skin, too!
Peppermint: the oil of concentration
Nothing wakes me up like a drop of peppermint oil rubbed onto the back of my neck or onto my temples. This bright, minty oil brings a sense of joy and buoyancy to the heart and soul, helping us to let go of inhibitions and really concentrate on the task at hand. It invigorates the mind and spirit while also helping us to breathe in more clean, clear inspiration.
- Inhale peppermint oil straight from the bottle for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me up during long work sessions.
- Rub on temples before you work for an energy boost.
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy and really need a boost for your concentration.
I use these Essential Oils regularly to help me keep my creative fires stoked. They help me to find motivation when I’m lacking it, boost my energy and assist me in summoning my courage to freely express myself in my creative work.
This zesty wonder is a true natural hero.
Oh hey lemon. Anyone else tried a slice in hot water on a morning for that early pick me up? Yep? There’s a good reason. It’s a popular essential oil, used for a variety of purposes but because it’s so refreshing and probably the one most earned it’s striped for being ZINGY it has cemented itself as THE essential oil as a must for any energising wellbeing wish-list.
Its fruity notes are hailed as uplifting and energising, perfect for giving you that energy boost when you need it most.
The energizing, revitalizing aroma of Wild Orange essential oil can provide energy on a stress-filled day. Wild Orange has a refreshing scent that helps to inspire feelings of energy, spontaneity, joy, and abundance. The next time you need to cheer yourself up, allow the bright aroma of Wild Orange to act as a pick-me-up during your day.
Sweet, sweet basil. The aromatic B crisp yet sweet and freshly floral scent is really like no other.
Perfectly picked plants are steam distilled, preserving the fragrance to give us the purest and most fragrant oil. Basil is a rich source of vitamin A, magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. It has so many benefits so it makes perfect sense to use for natural energy and the perfect addition to an energy boosting routine.
Grapefruit essential oil is cold-expressed from the rind of the grapefruit. It’s sweet orange-like, yet slightly bitter citrus notes offer a rich scent, which is naturally refreshing and invigorating.
Grapefruit itself is hailed as being a superfood with lots of apparent benefits – it even gained enough popularity to get a whole diet inspired by it!
The Grapefruit essential oil has a bright and uplifting fragrance which helps to recharge the body, providing a very welcome energy boost.
Another citrus wonder, lime is an essential oil that packs a punch.
Similar to lemon and grapefruit, lime essential oil has a bright citrus aroma creating a fresh summery fragrance even in the deepest, darkest winter months.
This almost tropical aroma helps uplift mood, particularly during those afternoon slump moments and can help to re-engage in both productivity and creativity.
It’s antibacterial properties also make it a great addition for any skincare routine.
A zesty yet soothing aroma, bergamot is another citrus gem.
Similar to lemon, grapefruit and lime, bergamot essential oil is also a derivative of the citrus family. It is extracted from the peel of the bergamot orange which is something of a cross between a lemon, lime and an orange – yellowish in colour and slightly pear-shaped. This is actually an ingredient in Earl Grey teas, contributing to its distinct taste and aroma – so any Earl Grey fans out there are sure to fall in love with this natural powerhouse.
It has a very light citrus fragrance and is commonly used in aromatherapy for a variety of purposes, including stress and improving general mood, thus helping combat depleted energy levels.
Rosemary has been widely used in aromatherapy, with cineole, one of its most significant ingredients, being seen as a powerful aid to boosting energy by increasing the flow of blood to the cerebrum.
Rosemary essential oil is thought to promote concentration and attention to task – a.k.a. It’s an absolute hero for those busy workdays or late-night assignments.
It is also used as a source of pain relief and may even relieve breathing problems.
This makes rosemary the perfect partner to help promote productivity and focus when we need it most, whether that’s in the office or out and about.
What can be more invigorating than the scent of pure nature – wild forests, rugged terrain, pine is the true epitome of natural!
With its invigorating scent reminiscent of forest walks and Christmas trees, pine essential oil is hailed as an oil to boost metabolism, enhance mood, reduce stress and improve vitality.
With its healing properties, pine essential oil is a great ingredient when it comes to natural skin products. It has a rich history of use in both Europe and North America and is sure to give you an uplifting boost of energy.
Like rosemary, eucalyptus has long been widely used in aromatherapy, particularly for soothing massage experiences. It has a bold and powerful fragrance and is a very popular ingredient in cough and cold remedies because of its respiratory properties.
It is thought to help reduce tension and anxiety – those notorious drains on our energy levels – as well as helping to stimulate both mind and body.
How to applying essential oils
Find what works for you
Remember, essential oils work differently for everyone. Because each oil has such a complex chemical makeup, and because aromas interact with the part of our brain that stores our personal memories and experiences, no two people will experience one essential oil in the same exact way. It is important to remember that an oil that is comforting or uplifting for someone else might not have the same effect on you.
- Discover your favorite oils. Try smelling a few oils with your eyes closed to see which ones you really like. By taking in the aroma of the oil, it is easier to discover what really helps you.
- Incorporate oils into your personal routine. To utilize the calming, uplifting, grounding, energizing, or comforting effects of essential oils for emotional health, try incorporating your favorite oils into your everyday activities. Essential oils can be used during yoga, as part of your skincare routine, diffused in the car, and nearly any other part of your day you can think of.
- Be consistent. Rather than using essential oils sporadically when you want to alter your mood, try using small amounts on a more regular basis. Some people complain that they don’t experience the benefits of essential oils for emotional health, but a one-time application isn’t always a guarantee of a mood change.
- Practice other healthy habits. As mentioned, essential oils are just one resource for promoting good emotional health. By adopting other healthy habits in conjunction with essential oil use, you can help to promote better emotional health overall. Things like quality sleep, a healthy diet, regular exercise, and getting time outside in the sun are an important part of feeling emotionally healthy.
- Seek extra support. When your quest for an emotionally-balanced life becomes overwhelming, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Reaching out to friends and family and seeking professional help (like me!) can provide you with extra help on your journey to good emotional health.
OWE YOUR OWN ESSENTIAL OILS AND START FEELING THE POWER IN YOU
Getting your first Kit...
Do you really love it too and want to try doTERRA oils in your home or home-office?
Off course, I could place the order for you if you want to try out one of two oils, however why not enroll as a Wholesale Customer, when you do you will get all the doTERRA range at 25% discount plus:
- Wholesale pricing (25% discount) so the Aromatouch Diffused Kit (on the picture) will cost you £151 instead of £201
- No monthly order required
- Option to receive 10-30% of your total purchase back in FREE product points
- Eligibility to receive dōTERRA’s FREE Product of the Month
- This is the lowest overall product cost & smartest way to buy